Our Commitment To Privacy and Data Security
At Thingz, your right to privacy and data security is a primary concern. We collect customer information in an effort to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services, and promotions. Thingz recognizes that it must maintain and use customer information responsibly. If requested, we will not disclose any information that identifies you to a third party. Thingz will never make your e-mail address or phone number available to third parties.
Thingz only asks for specific types of personal information
We ask you to provide information that will enable us to assist you with customer support issues, or to complete a purchase.
For example, we request information from you when you:
* Place an order online
* Place an order in person at one of our stores
* Place an order over the telephone
* Submit an inquiry regarding our products or practices
In each of these instances, we may ask for your name, phone number, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, credit card information as well as other similar personal information. If we ever ask for significantly different information we will inform you of the reason for the request. Once we have collected an e-mail address, we may send monthly e-mail newsletters informing you of news and special offers. You are welcome to visit our web site without providing any of this information; however, we are unable to process an order or send a catalog or newsletter without the requested information.
Thingz Only Uses Your Personal Information For Specific Purposes
We use the Data collected from you primarily to process and fulfill your orders, to notify you of the status of your orders, to notify you of product recalls, to send our monthly e-mail newsletter, or to send you targeted marketing information, special product offers or catalogs. In every such e-mail, we will have instructions on how to unsubscribe and avoid receiving future e-mails from us.
With Whom Does Thingz Share Information?
As part of our commitment to your privacy, Thingz does not share your information with any third parties.
Secure Online Shopping at Thingz
Thingz guarantees a 100% secure shopping experience. This is how the guarantee works:
* Our secure server software encrypts all of your personal information including credit card number, name, and address so that such data cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. The encryption process takes the characters you enter and converts them into bits of code that are securely transmitted over the Internet.
* Your personal information is also transferred using 128-bit SSL encryption, and we store credit card information with additional high level encryption. Thingz also deletes credit card numbers from the online database once the sale has been processed or cancelled. Our databases are not accessible without a username and password.
* Be aware that your Internet browser can also factor into the security of the transaction. Older browser software might not support 128-bit SSL, and those browsers will roll back to 40-bit encryption. You should always update your browser software and/or apply any security patches available for the software.
If you would like to contact us for any reason regarding our privacy practices, please call or write us at the following address:
15125 N. Hayden Road, Suite 100
Scottsale, AZ 85260
Subject to change without notice